Today’s post is a list of things about me that, for some reason, I’m compelled to let my readers know. I think it’s only fair, if we’re going to build a relationship together, that I’m open and honest with all of you. So, I’m just gonna throw them right out there into cyber-world…full well knowing that once they’re out there, they might haunt me later in life when I run for President.
- This picture. No words necessary.
- Last night, I cut my 1 year old daughter’s bangs and made her look like Jim Carey in the movie Dumb and Dumber. She has a little gap in her front teeth too, so all the more horrifying.
- I still sleep with the Pound Puppy that I got for Christmas…30 years ago. Can you say dust mites?
- I cannot be around an open can of Coke without having a sip. I don’t think my husband has had a full can to himself since he met me. This goes for his fountain sodas too. I don’t discriminate.
- I just realized that I misspelled the word “embarrassing” in the title of this post. Thank you, spell-check!
- I suck at math. I really, really do. I break out in cold sweats whenever I’m expected to do simple math in my head.
- I once left my back screen door open a little bit for my dogs while making a call to Human Resources about my maternity leave…only to discover that my infant son had escaped and was eating pine cones and twigs while sitting on the top step of the deck stairs. Someone call DYFS.
- I sent a not-so-nice email to someone by accident a long time ago. It should have gone to my friend, but it went directly to the person I was talking about. Damn reply all
button….why are you so conveniently placed???
- I sometimes extend my bathroom breaks at home just to get a few extra minutes of peace and quiet. Most of the time though, they find me. If I’m not within their sight for more than 2 minutes they start wondering where I’ve disappeared to. “Mommy? Mommyyyyyy? Mommy, where are youuuuuu?”
- I cut my OWN bangs in college and made myself look like Jim Carey in the movie Dumb and Dumber. When will I learn? See No. 2 of this list.
There you have it, friends. Ten embarrassing things (I just spelled it wrong, AGAIN!) about me. This list makes me seem really “out there”, but the truth is I’m an intelligent woman who makes mistakes and has a few flaws. This woman also has a sense of humor.
So, what embarrassing things about yourself have you shot into cyber-space? Please tell me I’m not the only new mom who let their baby escape through the open screen door! My life’s lessons from this list can be summed up as follows: spell-check is your friend, but “reply all” is not; always keep your calculator app handy; keep your back doors closed; and for the love of all things good…. step away from the scissors. Step. Away.
As Always, Stay Cozy,